rss
twitter

The Terminator Shares His Six Secrets to Success

| Posted in Personal Development |

Secrets to SuccessTruth be told, Arnold Schwarzenegger became famous because of his muscles and his movies, and with three boys in the house we sure watched a lot of those. However, it’s not so much the muscles or the movies that impressed me about the man, but rather his immense wisdom. It’s no surprise that he knows the secrets to success.

I know people always make fun of his accent, because after all these years that he has been living in the United States it is still very strong. But behind that heavy Austrian accent is a very smart man, and a very successful man.  Not only in the world of sports or Hollywood but also in business and politics.

So I think you would agree with me when I say, when Arnold Schwarzenegger shares his secrets to success he speaks with authority.

While scouring YouTube for inspirational and motivational videos the other day I came across Arnold’s “Six Secrets to Success Speech.” In it he shares 6 rules that when followed will lead to success.  They are very simple, to the point, and I’m sure you’ve heard them before.

Without further ado here they are…

Arnold Schwarzenegger’s Six Secrets to Success

1. Trust Yourself!

2. Break Some Rules!

3. Don’t Be Afraid to Fail!

4. Don’t Listen to Naysayers!

5. Work Your Butt Off!

6. Give Something Back!

I encourage you to watch this short 4 minute video and listen to what Arnold has to say in detail about each and every one of these secrets to success.

Was I correct in assuming that you have heard all this before?

Well, all this wisdom that was just shared with you doesn’t do you any good if you don’t act on it. One of my favorite quotes about taking action is this one by Mark Twain….

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things
that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines.
Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails.
Explore. Dream. Discover.”

You only have ONE life to live. So listen to the little voice inside of you and trust your gut. If you want something go after it.

As Arnold says…”None of these rules work unless you do.” Take his six secrets to success to heart, work your butt off and you surely will see results.

To Your Massive Success!

The Enlightened Networker

Bookmark and Share

facebook comments:

Comments (22)

Loved the post Ilka!

I think behind the man, Arnold has a lot more of substance – as I just realized after seeing this wonderful video.

He is of course well known for his famous movies all over, and though is accent is a little funny but that’s overlooked when you look at him I think and his six packs :)

But his secrets of success are wonderful indeed, and so true! I think trusting yourself and believing in yourself is the most important and hold a lot of meaning for me too. Similarly, never be afraid to fail because those are the stepping stones to our success. And yes, all of the others have a lot of meaning in them – no wonder he reached where he is today.

Thanks so much for sharing this motivational post and video, with a wonderful reminder to follow suite :)
Harleena Singh invites you to read..How to Not Fear Failure?My Profile

Twitter:
Reply:

Hi Harleena,

Yes, there’s a lot more to the man than muscles and a six pack. (Couldn’t help but chuckle when I read that.)

It starts with #1 and I believe that one is the hardest, and I agree with you it’s the most important. My husband and I have been talking a lot about “vision and belief” lately.

If I could add one more rule to his six above it would be ….”Pull the trigger!” In other words, get started! A lot of people are constantly learning what to do and how to do it, but they never do it, lol.

Thanks so much for your great feedback, Harleena! I always appreciate your thoughts.

Be blessed,

Ilka

Hi Ilka,
Definitely agree it does sound familiar…And you probably don’t know this but he has been my idol for a LONG time. He had a vision and saw it come true.

I just added this to my favorites.
Jerome Ratliff
Jerome Ratliff invites you to read..Katy Perry’s Song Part of Me Sounds Similar for Many Network MarketersMy Profile

Twitter:
Reply:

Hi Jerome,

I’m sure we’ve all heard these a time or two, but it never hurts to get a reminder to keep us on track.

No, didn’t know that, Jerome. Good for you! I think he’s a great idol to have.

Thanks for adding this post to your favorites!

Be blessed,

Ilka

[Reply]

I agree Ilka, I have heard all of these but it’s implementing them all with consistent action is where most people fall short.

I’ve always admired Arnold even though I didn’t care for his personal issues recently. That doesn’t take away from anything that he has accomplished in his life and he can definitely teach us all a thing or two.

Thank you for sharing his six tips for success and this video. I’ve never seen this one before. Always enjoy a good kick in the pants though.

Hope you’re enjoying your week.

~Adrienne
Adrienne invites you to read..How To Add YouTube Annotations to Your VideosMy Profile

Twitter:
Reply:

Hi Adrienne,

A good kick in the pants never hurts. And I agree whole-heartedly that most people fall short on implementing what they heard or learned. So this should be a great reminder for those who keep procrastinating too.

Thanks so much for dropping by and adding great value to the conversation!

Have a great week!

Ilka

Hi Ilka,

thanks for sharing that. Love Arnold’s Austrian accent ;-)

You are definitely right: We’ve heard it all before.

The best piece of advice is: Sleep faster !

Really soomething to ponder.

Be blessed

Oliver
Oliver Tausend invites you to read..When Is An Artist An Artist ?My Profile

Twitter:
Reply:

Hi Oliver,

Haha, I loved the advice about “sleeping faster” too. I’ve certainly been burning the candle on both ends again lately….And I “see” you up at all hours of the night as well, my friend :)

Take care,

Ilka

[Reply]

Sensational Ilka! Arnold is one of my heroes. The guy became the best in the world at 2 separate ventures, and he was actually a multi-millionaire before he made big bucks in the movies, building a bricklaying biz.

Whatever he touched turned to gold because he has a success consciousness, and lives by these rules day in and day out.

Thanks for sharing Ilka.
Ryan Biddulph invites you to read..2 Home Business Limiting Beliefs Costing You a Stunning FortuneMy Profile

Twitter:
Reply:

Glad you liked it, Ryan. Didn’t know Arnold is one of your heroes. You and Jerome should compare notes, haha. I also didn’t know that he had a bricklaying business. Very interesting what you find out from blog comments :)

Thanks for your feedback and have a great day!

Ilka

Ilka,

Agree with what you shared.

Of the six secrets, I like #2, 3 and 4 the best – Break the rules, Welcome mistakes/failures – realize that they contribute more to your life than successes – and keeping an optimistic attitude.

When it comes to rules, people like to set them and follow them (at the same time, they try to force others to follow them – of course, the situation is different for actual rules, as in traffic rules). My personal opinion is that we shouldn’t mimic anyone else, we should have our own unique voice, break the existing boundaries and try to achieve the same thing in a different way.

Thanks for the awesome share,

Jeevan Jacob John
Jeevanjacobjohn invites you to read..How To Create A Memorable Experience For Your Reader?My Profile

Twitter:
Reply:

Hi Jeevan,

Oh I so agree with you saying that we shouldn’t mimic anyone else, but have our own voice. I don’t like following the masses or cookie-cutter systems. There’s a reason God created each and everyone of us as an original.

Thanks so much for your great feedback!

Ilka

[Reply]

HI Ilka, so true. The theme is common amongst all successful people. I love the “break some rules” perhaps its my inner rebellion coming out? I think sometimes you just have to go for it and if you need to walk outside the dotted line to get noticed… them so be it!

Great empowerment Ilka. Thanks so much.
Jayne Kopp invites you to read..Do You Follow Your Heart or Worry About What Others Think Instead?My Profile

Twitter:
Reply:

Hi Jayne,

I agree, walk outside the dotted line, or how my art teacher would have said it …color outside the lines :) I must admit, I break the rules a lot. I think it’s the only way to keep things interesting. It also helps you grow when you don’t go with the flow, but create your own path. It might take you a little longer to get to your destination, but it’s a whole lot more fun.

Thanks so much for your valuable feedback, Jayne! I appreciate you!

Ilka

Hi Ilka,

Very wise words and I agree with the 6 rules.

They’re all very important but i think number one is the main one people have to focus on first.

When I first started online I was in two minds: can I can’t I kind of thing. It’s when we start doing and achieving that we start to trust ourselves.

In my case anyway as I didn’t have a college education and went to work on the buildings so when i came online I always had a level of doubting myself.

Of course rule number 5 comes into play with everything we try to do. Without hard work nothing would be achieved, in any field :)

Thanks Ilka,

Barry
Barry Wells invites you to read..I Interviewed Adrienne Smith and Asked Her…My Profile

Twitter:
Reply:

Hi Barry,

Thanks! Gotta give the credit to Arnold though :)

I agree with you as far as #1 being the most important. It all starts there. (Vision and Belief.) I also very much agree on #5. No one has ever received a medal for being lazy.

Here’s the magical sentence….

“But by keeping on at myself and pushing myself to learn and apply over and over I have been able to make progress.”

And that’s the reason why this is one of my favorite quotes by Zig Ziglar …

“Repetition is the mother of learning, the father of action, which makes it the architect of accomplishment.”

Thanks so much for your great feedback, Barry!

Take care,

Ilka

Hi Ilka,

Yes, I knew about Arnold Schwarzenegger and his knowledge about “secret to success”. I’ve read once in one of the numerous books of success that I’ve read that he had a very specific list of what he wanted to achieve over the years. in this list “actor” and “politician” were mentioned years before he became either of them.

For those who don’t know, having a strong accent has really nothing to do with intelligence or the lack of it. It’s more like a skill. Maybe he’s just not skilled to lose his accent, he’s got a bad ear as we call it or he just doesn’t care :) Weird that people call it intelligence.

Thanks for this great post, Ilka :)
Sylviane Nuccio invites you to read..Why Should You Be Grateful?My Profile

Twitter:
Reply:

Hi Sylviane,

Funny you mentioned that having a strong accent has nothing to do with intelligence or lack thereof. My boys used to make fun of my accent and it went so far that for a very long time, I didn’t pick up the phone to make prospecting calls. Because I associated my lack of signups with my accent. It had absolutely nothing to do with it. I was just talking to the wrong people. Once I realized that I no longer had a problem picking up that phone.

It’s kind of the same thing with people who have a physical handicap. You find some people treating them as if they were mentally challenged. It’s really weird.

Thanks so much for stopping by and for your great feedback!

Ilka

[Reply]

Awesome post and video Ilka I wrote a similar post but this was so much more powerful with the video. Great share and thank you.

Steve
Steve invites you to read..Arnold Schwarzenegger: Build Your Dynasty The Way He Built HisMy Profile

Twitter:
Reply:

Hi Steve,

Glad you liked it.

Have an awesome week, my friend!

Ilka

[Reply]

Anyone that could do what he has done in his life is very driven. He is very successful and he did not get there by accident that is a great video.
Elena Anne invites you to read..Organic Foods: Myth vs. FactMy Profile

Twitter:
Reply:

Hi Elena Anne,

Great to meet you and welcome to my blog!

If I only accomplish a fraction in my lifetime of what he has accomplished I will die very happy :)

Thanks so much for your feedback!

Ilka