Posted in Personal Development | Posted on 08-08-2012|
Usually I don’t watch a whole lot of TV, but now with the Olympic Games going on I do find myself watching it a bit more. I especially love the swimming and gymnastics, and well, some of the running too, and I am just amazed about these young people’s performances.
The background stories that are shared about the athletes are just amazing and I am in awe about the tremendous sacrifices these young people have brought in order to make it to London and perform on the world stage of sports … the Olympics.
It took many, many years of blood, sweat and tears and of denying themselves what others take for granted. Each and every one of them pushed themselves to the very limit.
Like Ryan Lochte said in his TV commercial … “Luck didn’t get me here…I swam here.”
So what can we learn from these
Here are eight points every single one of these Olympians takes to heart… and you should too:
- Train Daily! – There is not one single athlete performing in London right now who has not spent countless hours at the gym, in the pool on the track or wherever they train. You need to work on your business daily as well. Even if you can just work it part time, a few hours here and there.
- Schedule Workout! – Athletes schedule their workouts and they never miss a single one. You too need to make a list of the tasks you need to do every day with the most important one at the top. And don’t go to bed before you marked the last one off the list. (Repeat the next day.)
- Get a Training Partner! – Athletes get a training partner who supports and encourages them as well as holds them accountable. You should do the same. Get an accountability partner and let them know your goals so he or she can hold you accountable to them. It is a lot less likely that you will cheat if you have to report to someone else.
- Don’t Switch Sports! – Michael Jordan switched from basketball to baseball but found out that he wasn’t that good at it. Stick with what you do best, where your talents are and focus on one thing at a time. That means building one company at a time, even if you are involved in more than one opportunity. Maybe you have a primary and a secondary business (one that compliments your main business), but make sure your focus is on your primary business until it runs itself.
- Push Past the Pain! – Athletes push past the pain. Yes, things get hard at times, even down right brutal in the network marketing business, but you can’t give up. You need to keep going even if it hurts, if you get disappointed or if you are frustrated because things are not going the way you would like them to. Unfortunately that’s part of the game. No pain, no gain!
- Take a Day Off! – Athletes take a rest to regroup and regain their strength. You can’t keep going like the Energizer Bunny or you will burn out. So take some time off, step away from business and enjoy life.
- Ignore Negativity! – Athletes don’t listen to negativity. They block out negative talk and focus on the positive. You should do the same. Ignore the naysayers, keep away from people who try to bring you down and surround yourself with positive people, people who encourage you and who lift you up.
- Never give up! – Athletes never give up. They know what they want. They go through rigorous training to get it. They keep focusing on their ultimate goal and they just go for it. You should do the same. Never, ever quit!
One more thing…
Never settle for average or mediocrity. You are worth more than that and you deserve the best! So go for the ultimate prize whatever that may be for you.
I have heard athletes say…”I didn’t come here to get the bronze. I came here to win the GOLD!”
Go for it!
Your turn! Let me know your thoughts in the comment section below. You know I always love your feedback.
To Your Massive Success!
The Enlightened Networker