Posted in Network Marketing | Posted on 12-05-2010|
Are you barking up the wrong tree in your MLM prospecting?
If you are still fairly new to network marketing the following scenarios may sound painfully familiar to you. But don’t feel too bad. Most of us network marketers have experienced them or something similar. As time goes on and you get better, none of this will be an issue anymore. So, here’s my question …
Has any of this ever happened to you?
1) You just drove over an hour to meet with a prospect. When you got there they were a no-show.
2) You gave what in your opinion was the best network marketing presentation of your life and your prospect tells you they are not interested.
3) You got over your fear of picking up the phone, called your prospect, gave an excellent presentation for your network marketing business and as soon as you were finished they started pitching THEIR business to you.
4) You know someone would just absolutely be perfect for your program or service, but when you approach them they’re giving you the cold shoulder.
5) You made several appointments with a prospect to get feedback on the DVD you send him/her, but they keep coming up with excuses why they haven’t watched it yet.
In all the scenarios above you have been just wasting your precious time.
I should know, because all of them happened to me.
Not only that, they all delivered a big blow to my self-confidence. I felt like a complete idiot. A total failure!
And I could have prevented all of them from happening … If I had pre-qualified my MLM prospects.
But at the time, I didn’t know any better. I just followed what my upline told me to do.
Network marketing today is a bit different from when I first started.
You can google just about anything and find the answers to your most pressing questions.
Or you can hang with the right people … Like “The Better Bunch” and learn from them. Don’t know who the Better Bunch are? Read “The Story Behind The Better Bunch” by Dwayne Huggins. I highly recommend you read his article and find out. It could shave years off of your network marketing learning curve. And YES, there is one!
Sorry, I got a bit off track.
So, how do you qualify your MLM prospects?
By asking questions like…
“If I can show you a way how you can add additional income to your monthly paycheck and you feel completely comfortable with it, would you be ready to do business?
“If I can show you a way how you can get a pay raise without going to your boss, when would you have 30 minutes to have a closer look?”
“If I could show you how you can take advantage of tax benefits like the rich people do, would it be worth your time to spend 30 minutes with me? And when would be a better time for you, Monday at 7:00PM or Wednesday at 6:30PM?
Notice that these questions nail your prospect down to either give you a simple yes or no answer or a commitment to meet with you.
No more wasting your time on lookiloos or tire-kickers. Your time is way to precious.
Hope this helps you separate the good prospects from the bad ones.
If you would like to share your own personal experiences or you have more tips on qualifying mlm prospects, please share them with us in the comments below.
To Your Success,
P.S As always if you found this post helpful, please share it with your friends on Twitter and Facebook or Digg it. It’s much appreciated. Thank you!