Posted in Network Marketing | Posted on 27-03-2012|
Why is it that people who belong to a great MLM team do so much better than those who don’t?
Let’s face it, humans are social animals. We like to belong to something, be it a club, a tribe a community, family, team, whatever. We just do better. Yes we even thrive, when we are in a group together with other like-minded people.
“Teamwork is the ability to work together toward a common vision.
The ability to direct individual accomplishments
toward organizational objectives.
It is the fuel that allows common people to attain uncommon results.”
So, what is a (MLM) team?
A “MLM team” or any team for that matter, consists of a group of individuals with different strengths and weaknesses, working together to achieve a common goal.
I went over some of this already in an early blog post…“Why Is Teamwork Important for Your Network Marketing Success?”
So, even when we build our own home business, we don’t want to do it alone. We want to do it together with others who encourage, inspire and motivate us.
Of course the precursor to finding a great MLM Team is to join up with the right company first.
A company that resonates with you, whose products you love and which are unique, sizzle and are consumable. A company with a compensation plan that is fair, easy to explain, and allows the average person to make money.
Once you have decided on the company that is right for you it’s time to find the right MLM team.
Qualities to look for in order to Find the
MLM Team of Your Dreams
- Who is the team leader? Does he or she exibit leadership qualities and is he or she the right kind of mentor for you, the one you feel can lead you to success? Don’t look for goo-roos they are often full of fluff. (I’m being kind here.) A true leader doesn’t lead by words but by action.
- Is the team using a duplicable system and do you feel comfortable using it?It sometimes happens, that the team leader will dictate exactly how you will have to market your business in order to remain part of the team. If you break out of the mold and try something creative of your own, you’re toast.Trust me, this is NOT the kind of MLM team you want to be on. (Also read: “It’s Our Way or the Highway | Are You Experiencing Upline Horror?”)You want to find a team where you get GUIDANCE on what to do and how to do it, but you still have the freedom to be creative and try some of your own marketing strategies. This is especially important because one day, you are going to be the leader your team will look up to and they want to keep their freedom to try some of their own techniques as well.
- Is there enthusiasm within the team? I don’t mean ra-ra-shish-ka-bob, rather genuine excitement and a positive attitude. Excitement is contagious; you want to catch that virus because the people you will be talking to about your business, your potential team mates, will sense that and who wouldn’t want to be part of a team of excited and fun people?
- How about the over-all team atmosphere? Are team members getting along or is there cliquing going on? Are team members supporting each other? Is there a sense of sharing ideas, strategies, experiences a sense of genuinely helping each other?
- What about team training? Are there exclusive team calls, webinars, product training, prospecting training, personal development training and/or help on how to use company or third party tools? What about help with 3-ways calls? All this is very, very important. The more you can learn from and with your team members the better. We are all motivated, (I hope at least) but learning together in a healthy team environment is so much more fun than learning alone.
Is it really possible to find a MLM Team like that?
Absolutely! I know it is. If you can find all these qualities on one single team, then my friend you’ve hit the jackpot like Randy and I have. But even if you only find 4 of the 5 consider yourself very lucky.
Yes, there are teams out there just like that, encouraging, nurturing, lifting each other up, celebrating each others little and big successes and genuinely caring about every single person on the team. You don’t have to be the “Lone Ranger,” you just have to do your homework.
I sincerely hope that you will find the MLM Team of your dreams, one that will help guide and support you and lead you to the lifestyle you desire and so truly deserve.
To Your Massive Success!
The Enlightened Networker